Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Monday, November 12, 2007

    Big Thanks!

    I know the five of you that regularly read my blog are dying in anticipation of the marathon race report - I promise it's on the way. I started this post a few days ago, but my brother Pat has been in town visiting and I've been busy. Hopefully, this will tide you over.

    Before I post the actual race report - patience grasshopper - I'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped to get me to and through the race. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, no one finishes a marathon by themselves. Sure the blood, sweat, and tears are all their own, but without the support of friends and family, the race would be a complete sufferfest. So here is what I'm sure is an incomplete list and is in no particular order, but is what comes to mind at the moment.
    • My sister Sarah who has the makings of an awesome Sherpa. Not only did she and her husband give up their bedroom and sleep on an air mattress for four nights, but she called me the Monday before the race to get my shopping list so she could have food for me. She cooked for me, took care of ordering my pre-race pasta fest, went with me to the Marathon Expo, got everyone to the pre-designated cheering locations, AND drove me to the Staten Island Ferry on race morning. FYI to my IMFL gang - she may be joining us for the race. Did I mention the finish line flowers? Oh yeah, and she has four children under the age of 6. What a rock star!
    • My sister's hubby, Chalmers, for giving up his bedroom, but mostly for going to the chosen post-race restaurant ahead of everyone else and getting us on the list for a table. Having to wait for a table after a marathon would not be fun.
    • My nieces, Olivia and Elena, for helping to make a super awesome sign for me, and coming out to cheer me on.
    • Joey, Rachel, Maggie, and Jordan - they are always a huge part of any event I do even if they aren't there. Joey, Maggie, and Rachel were taking responsibility for getting me registered for IMFL '08, since registration was occurring at the same time as the marathon. Joey had a shirt custom made for me to run in with it's very own Trimyer Original design. Rachel got me a pair of soft, fuzzy slipper socks that I wore constantly in New York 'cause it was cold. The socks have sockmonkeys embroidered on them. I know everyone is jealous - my sister sure is! Jordan drew me a good luck picture that I kept by my bed - what a sweetie!
    • My hubby, Brian, who didn't necessarily do anything above and beyond what he normally does leading up to the marathon because he takes such good care of me all the time that there really isn't a whole lot more he could do. It was so much fun having him cheer for me and take pics. He gets big props for not saying a word when I wore my tiara through the entire post-marathon dinner.
    • Brian's parents, Bob and Chris. I think they were more excited than I was when I first announced that I had gotten into the NYC marathon. They took us out to an awesome restaurant on Friday night, came into the city on Sunday to join the cheering squad, found an excellent post-race restaurant, and parked their car close to Central Park West, which meant we didn't have to deal with getting a cab once I finally got out of the park. Awesome!
    • My friends and fellow Florida Track Club members, Tom and Barry, for convincing me back in June to join them for a stadium workout on Tuesdays and a 3 mile hill run on Thursdays. Those workouts made most of the hills during the race seem easy.
    • Emily, Vicky, Liz, Mom, and Greg for pre- and post-race good wishes, and the rest of my family as well. Even if they aren't always sure what I'm up to, they always make a big deal about it when they find out. Thanks y'all!
    • My coach, Brandon Marsh, for putting together an awesome training program. I can not say enough good things about my training, and I am looking forward to working with Brandon for Ironman.
    Thanks Everyone! I love you!

    2 comments:

    md said...

    LOVE the sign!!! You were definitely the princess of the weekend, and you deserved it! sounds like you have a wonderful family!
    Wait!! did you say your sis might be in Fl for IM?? that would be so cool!
    Sounds like you had so much fun! glad your family was there to share that with you.
    I'll be waiting patiently for the RR.

    Joey said...

    Sounds like a great birthday weekend to me! I'm glad you got to be princess for the day/week/month!