Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Tuesday, October 30, 2007

    1st Marathon

    Here is a photo of Rachel and I at the finish of our first ever marathon. This was the Austin Marathon in February of 2005. It was 80 degrees at the finish - a very warm race with little shade. I can't believe we are smiling, we must have been delusional. Anyway, I thought it was appropriate to share as NY approaches. This will be my third marathon, but the first one I've done without Rachel - that seems odd to me. I'm getting nervous and beginning to wonder what I was thinking. At any rate, if the weather forecast holds, this will be the best weather I've had for a marathon. Current forecast is a low of 44, high of 55, mostly cloudy, and 57% humidity. Excellent conditions! Cross your fingers that the forecast holds.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Also, there is a 43% chance of rabid zombies at mile 18. That will definitely help for the PR!

    Teresa said...

    LOL I didn't see that in the race guide. Really someone should warn the spectators if there is a chance of rabid zombies. Really!

    Maggie said...

    Wok on!!!!! you're gonna do AWESOME!!