Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Friday, October 12, 2007

    Travel Plans

    Yesterday I made my flight reservations for New York for marathon weekend. I guess there really is no turning back now. Not that I was considering backing out, but now it's definitely a done deal. Brian and I are flying out on Thursday evening and returning on Monday. Traveling the day after a marathon is unpleasant, but recovering at home will be better.

    After the crazy weather in Chicago, I'm starting to get a little obsessive about checking the weather in New York. It's been so incredibly humid in Gainesville this past month that I am really hoping for the 55 degree start temperature that is the average for this race. Actually, I'm trying to imagine what running in 55 degree temps will feel like. It's unfathomable to me right now. When Brian and I were in New York for Labor Day, it was barely 80 and about 50% humidity and I just cruised through my workouts.

    Overall, I feel like my training is moving right along. I've slacked off some the past few weeks on my swimming/upper body work but that's the one part of my training that's been inconsistent this past year, and I'm getting that back on track. My running and biking have been solid, and the plantar fasciitis is nearly non-existent these days. This is my first marathon that I actually have a goal finish time so I am excited and nervous all at once. New York here I come!

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Remember, its not how you feel but how you look. And in your new Running Banana shirt you will look mahvelous!

    md said...

    T, you're gonna do great!! your training has been solid. I'm sure the weather will be normal. I'll be cheering you on from Austin!!