Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Wednesday, October 29, 2008

    PCB!

    That's Panama City Beach, FL - not Polychlorinated Biphenyl. One is a lovely town on the panhandle of Florida, which is host to Ironman Florida; the other is a toxic organic compound that will make you very sick. One is good, the other is bad. Now that we've got that all cleared up, on to the post.

    Joey and I arrived in PCB yesterday evening. The house I rented for us is awesome! I'm always pleased when a vacation property looks as good, if not better, than the photos. I will try to remember to take pics. We spent today just taking it easy. Maggie, Janice, and Mike arrived this evening, and we all had dinner. All the athletes in our group are now in town. Brian arrives tomorrow afternoon, and my brother Chris arrives Friday evening. This Ironman thing is becoming more and more real. Since Joey's arrival last Thursday, I've been a little bit in vacation mode, and in a bit of denial too. Tomorrow I have a pre-race workout so it's time to get into race mode and get down to business. I don't know how good I'll be about updating my blog before the race, but I promise a post-race entry. Joey is likely to be better at posting so check out his blog.

    If you want to track us online, you can go to Ironman.com on race day and go to Ironman Florida. My race number is 2243, Joey is 858, Maggie is 2421, and Janice is 2530.

    I wanted to take a moment a give a big THANK YOU! to Rachel and Jordan for being willing to part with Joey for so long. Having him here sooner has been great. I am quite sure I would be a serious basketcase by now if he hadn't been here. I just wish you were both here, too! I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Good luck Teresa!!! I know you are strong. Keep a smile on your face. All of your hard work will pay off!!