Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Friday, October 24, 2008

    Has it really been 20 years?

    I had a request - more like a demand - yesterday to please update my blog. It's been 10 days since my last post so it really isn't an unreasonable request. It's not like I haven't had anything to write about; it's been a busy couple of weeks, and if you check out the countdown clock to your right, there's a little race called Ironman Florida that I'll be doing in 7 days.

    So what has been going on? For starters, two weeks ago was my 20 year high school reunion. That's right - 20 years since graduation. I haven't been to a reunion since the 5 year, and that doesn't really count. I haven't lived anywhere near my hometown since 1992 and not even in the same state since 1995. There are only a couple of people that I graduated with that I have maintained contact with over the years. Most of the people I went to school with, I haven't seen since graduation. When I got the invitation for my 20 year, I figured why not go. I didn't skip the 10 and 15 year reunions out of dread or disinterest, but out of scheduling conflicts. Since my family lives in the area, it's really not a big effort to go. Just a nice weekend home.

    At any rate, the reunion was superfun. I got a chance to catch up with lots of people, and it was a lot of fun to see how everyone turned out. Overall, everyone looked great! As a group, we are aging well. I did have a hard time recognizing most people, but not because they looked old, but more mature. As soon as I would hear their name, though, everything would click into place. Overall, it was a fun time, and I will definitely make an effort to attend the 25 year. This is my yearbook picture from my senior year. It's a pretty good pic, I think, even with the short hair.

    1 comment:

    md said...

    you look beautiful!
    I will never post my yearbook pic...its terrifying.
    I didn't go to my re-union, then found a website of pics for the event and wished I had gone. Maybe I'll catch the next one.

    glad you had fun. see you on wednesday!