Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Friday, May 16, 2008

    SoBe Fun

    I figured I should do a quick post before heading out for my swim. Wednesday night Brian and I rolled into South Beach. Brian has a conference and I decided to tag along. Really it wasn't a hard decision considering that the hotel is right on the beach and it's the week after Gulf Coast so training is minimal. Really can you think of a better way to recover from a half-iron distance tri than hanging out at the beach?

    Here are some fun things so far:
    • running on the boardwalk with a view of the ocean
    • having a post-swim margarita while lounging under a palapa. yes, I know - a margarita is NOT a standard post-workout beverage, but Julio the pool boy REALLY wanted to bring me something so what the heck?
    • the view from our room
    • taking a cab to dinner
    • 2 for 1 drinks - Happy Hour never ends in South Beach
    • People watching
    Tonight we are having dinner with my Mom. Her boyfriend Charlie's daughter is graduating from Miami Law School so they are in town this weekend. What a nice coincidence!

    Here are a few pics of the view from our room

    2 comments:

    md said...

    I think a margarita is a great post 1/2 ironman treat! especially when its brought to you by Julio!!

    Joey said...

    Can you send Julio the Pool Boy's sister Lupita out to Mansfield Dam(n) tomorrow around 10 with some margs for me? A pitcher and a half should do the trick.