Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Tuesday, September 4, 2007

    Labor Day Weekend

    I realize I haven't posted in quite a while. Last week was a little hectic and I just didn't make it happen. This past weekend, Brian and I headed up to NY for a visit with his family and my sister. It was a short trip but lovely. Since I finished my last triathlon of the season the week before, I could get away with just a run workout so that was nice. The weather was gorgeous the whole weekend. The high was 80 and the humidity was low. We won't see weather like that in Florida until December.

    Saturday we spent relaxing by the pool with Brian's family. I had to do my long run which was a little rough since I had drank a bit too much the night before, and was a little dehydrated. I sucked it up and got it done, though. On Sunday, we headed into the city to spend the day with my sister and her family. As we were driving down the East River Drive, I saw the Queensboro Bridge and realized that in exactly 9 weeks I would be running across that bridge heading toward mile 17 of the marathon. Holy Sh!t! My coach asked me today what my time goal is and I realized that I hadn't really given it serious thought. I know what I would like to do but I haven't actually taken a serious assessment of what pace my training is indicating. Definitely something that needs firming up in the next few weeks.

    Anyway, my sister has just moved into a new apartment so it was a little crazy. In case you haven't been paying attention, Sarah has 4 children ages 6 and under. The youngest are twins, Arwen and Julian, at 15 months. Brian and I spent the afternoon playing with the children while Sarah and her husband worked on hanging shelves. The older girls love their Uncle Brian! Aunt Teresa, they love when they need or want something. Somewhere along the way, Brian become the fun one, and I became the bringer of things and the bearer of gifts. Oh well! I had a blast with the twins. They are hilarious! Arwen's favorite word is baby. She points at Julian and says "baby". My sister says "That's right - and you're a baby too." Then Arwen smiles and shakes her head. Julian says "Daddy". We had lots of fun playing with balls, reading board books, and rolling around on the floor.

    That evening we met Brian's parents for dinner at a lovely French Bistro, Brasserie Les Halles, at 28th and Park Ave South. It was quite yummy and we all ate too much. Monday we flew home.

    All in all, it was an excellent trip and I am really starting to get excited - and nervous - for the marathon.

    1 comment:

    Maggie said...

    sounds like a fun trip! and a nice preview of your upcoming marathon. hope your training keeps going good.