Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Monday, September 17, 2007

    The Cheese Shop

    Sunday evenings Brian and I swim laps at our gym. It has become one of our weekend rituals. This Sunday, I had forgotten to eat a snack before we went, and I was really hungry during my swim. Brian had finished his post-swim stretching in the warm therapy pool and was heading to the locker room. I still had cold pool time and the hot tub so I asked him to get me a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie from the smoothie bar. We still had to go to the grocery store so I wanted to put something in my stomach. When I walked into the lounge area, Brian didn't have my smoothie. He said they were out of bananas. I was a little irate - why didn't he get me something else? I walked up to the smoothie bar and asked for a mango smoothie. They're out of mangoes. Then the clerk starts listing everything they're out of, which was most of what I was interested in. I smiled, said thanks anyway and we left. As we are walking out of the front doors, Brian starts his impression of the Monty Python Cheese Shop sketch. Of course, I completely crack up laughing . If you don't get why this is funny, then just watch the clip below.

    By the way, I'm a big fan of Monty Python and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite sketch, but the Cheese Shop and the Dead Parrot are definitely at the top of the list.


    2 comments:

    Maggie said...

    so funny! thanks for making me laugh!

    Unknown said...

    Yes, the cheese shop is very funny. If I had to pick 1 favorite it would be "how not to be seen."