Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Friday, April 18, 2008

    5K Fun

    Wednesday evening was the Community 5k run for Junior Achievement at Ironwood Golf Course. Now I know that a race in the middle of the week might seem odd, but it's on the golf course so it pretty much has to be during the week. I don't normally run on Wednesdays and I teach an evening yoga class so I had to scramble to get there, but I'm missing all the spring 5Ks because of my training, and I feel like I've abandoned my group. Plus how often do you get to run on a golf course and apparently the post-race food is really good and there is a bar in the clubhouse so really what's not to like.

    The race was fun - some on the grass and some on the golf cart path - and pretty flat, too. The weather was perfect! We've been having a bit of a mini winter and it was about 60 with only 30% humidity. There were lots of Track Club members and many of the people from my stadium workout. I wasn't out to race, just to run comfortably hard - no heavy breathing, no suffering. I wanted to put in a good effort, but not go overboard since I have a crazy 5 hour brick on Saturday. I ran a 26:40 very comfortably. I also had an opportunity to run in my new Zoot shoes, which I love. Post-race food was bbq chicken, brisket, ribs, potato salad, beans, etc. and friends buying me beer. Wohoo! A good time was had by all.

    All done!

    The Veteren's Admin Team aka my Tuesday night stadium group
    Left to right: Paul, Barry, Me, Bert, and Tony

    2 comments:

    Maggie said...

    you're looking pretty hawt.
    that sounds like an awesome race. When I lived in Lago Vista I always wanted to run on the golf course, but was afraid of getting the boot.

    you are gonna kick bootay at GCT!!!

    Joey said...

    First, when did you get Zoot shoes without my approval?

    Second, running on the golf course brings back memories of HS cross country. At least half of our meets were on some golf course somewhere.

    Third, good job on the run. You are so going to rock the course at GCT.