Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Wednesday, December 12, 2007

    Slow Down!

    I was sitting in the short but rather intense traffic that is rush hour in Gainesville listening to my favorite radio station 100.5 The Buzz - for those of you that were fans of 99.1 WHFS back in the day, this station is for you. The station streams online so check it out if you like. Anyway, they played Christmas in Las Vegas by Richard Cheese followed by Slow Down by Reel Big Fish. As I was grooving to the song, it took me a moment to realize that this was a NEW Reel Big Fish song. Very cool! I also realized that this was a rather positive song with some pretty feel good lyrics - a bit of a departure for Reel Big Fish. They tend to have a sarcastic edge to their songs even when the music sounds upbeat. I'm sure it's not too hard to imagine the gist of the song based on it's title - you got it, it's all about slowing down, relaxing , chilling out. I thought it was a particularly appropriate topic given the time of year and how absolutely crazed and stressed out people can get around holiday time, so I though I'd share. There wasn't much on YouTube since the album is so new, but I managed to find something so take a deep breath, let it out, and enjoy a few minutes of fun music. Oh, and feel free to dance - I have been!

    For those of you that are Reel Big Fish fans, the name of the new album is Monkeys for Nothing and Chimps for Free. Too funny! You can listen to songs on their website or myspace page.

    1 comment:

    Joey said...

    I LOVE Reel Big Fish. Their cover of Take On Me (orig by Aha) is terrific. This song is a little slow for my taste, but I can't wait to hear other things from the album. Thanks for sharing!