Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Saturday, December 29, 2007

    Kick in the pants

    It's been a few days since I've posted so I figure I should write something. It's going to be short because it's dinner time and I'm hungry. Brian and I eat out every Saturday night so we need to be going.

    Things have been pretty low key here in Gainesville since returning from our Christmas adventure in Maryland. The city is quiet and campus is like a ghost town while the students are away. Brian has been working and I have been trying with mixed results to find a workout groove again. For the past few weeks, I've not been loving running - swimming and biking, no problem, but running - yuck! There are a few reasons, but I'm going to put it all under the umbrella of runner's burnout. It's been really hard for me to motivate to do a running workout that didn't involve other people, and even then the run often sucked. Sometimes I really feel like I need someone to come and give me a kick in the pants. Since I didn't have any takers for that offer, I figured it was time to give myself a kick - so to speak. Today I decided I really needed to suck it up and do my long run as scheduled by my coach. It was 90% humidity and the idea of 1:45 hrs on the concrete was not helping my motivation so I headed to the gym to use the treadmill. I figured I hadn't been on it in a while so maybe it wouldn't be such mental torture. With the 2nd half of the Texas basketball game as my companion and the occasional text message from Joey, I managed the 1:45 just fine-10.5 miles total. I feel good and more importantly, I feel motivated again. Maybe the week off from running was just what I needed.

    1 comment:

    Maggie said...

    awesome job! I can't even do 1 mile on the treadmill!

    It's good to take a break and come back fresh. Way to go marathon princess!