Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Friday, August 3, 2007

    TGIF!

    Today was the first time this whole summer that I was truly happy for the week to be over. There is no particular reason for it. This week wasn't any better or worse than any other. I think I'm just suffering from summer camp burnout. Anyone that has ever worked a summer camp knows what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I still have one more week to go. To make it even more challenging, next week I am working all day teaching a field camp. While this type of camp is what I prefer to teach, it is also more tiring. Cross your fingers for good weather!

    Brian and I are heading to Jacksonville for the weekend. There is a race series, The Tour de Pain, going on and a group from the Florida Track Club is going. Brian decided he wanted to come along so we are staying in a bed and breakfast, The Inn at Oak Street, in the historic district near the St. John's River. The race series is a 4 mile beach run this evening, a 5K on Saturday morning, and a 1-miler on Saturday afternoon. If you do all three, you get a medal. Should be fun! I was talking with one of the women in my Stadium group and she called it "a lot of drinking with a little bit of running mixed in." I'll let you know how it goes.

    2 comments:

    md said...

    a lot of drinking?? I'm there!
    are you doing all three races? have fun!

    Joey said...

    Good luck in your races! Wish I could be there (for the drinking).