Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Thursday, May 3, 2007

    A Clean Bill of Health

    Yesterday was yet another in a long line of doctor’s appointments since my kidney infection last September. This appointment was to follow-up on the tests I had done following my last appointment in February and to check how my blood pressure was doing since I stopped taking the calcium channel blocker my doctor had put me on to control my elevated heart rate and the heart palpitations that I had been experiencing since the infection. My doctor wasn’t happy with my decision to stop taking the medication but I didn’t like the way it was making me feel. I also felt that I needed to be completely drug free and allow my body to find some equilibrium. Because of the heart symptoms I had been having, my doctor wanted me to wear a Holter monitor for 48 hours to make sure everything was fine with my heart. This was a completely nerve wracking experience. I also had more blood work done to recheck my kidneys and thyroid. All the tests came back normal and about 2 weeks after I stopped taking the heart medication, my blood pressure dropped below 130/80. For the past 2 months the highest it’s gotten to is 122/74 and mostly it’s 110/70 and lower so that’s good news. I went over everything with my doctor and she is happy with my progress. I don’t need to go back until it’s time for my regular check up in November – Wohoo!!! My doctor did suggest I go see a Sports Medicine Doctor about my plantar fasciitis since it hasn’t cleared up yet. I have actually been considering doing just that. Anyway, I’m healthy and feeling pretty good. I’m still not back to where I was before I got sick but every month is better than the last and that’s just fine by me.

    3 comments:

    md said...

    so glad you're feeling good. yeah! for not taking any meds that make you feel bad.
    now if we can just get rid of your pf!! how are your runs by the way? I ran yesterday and despite the humidity I had a good run, of course it was followed by freebirds! ;-)

    Joey said...

    I'm very glad you have a clean bill of health. Now, you should get that PF taken care of ASAP. Cassidy thinks that if you still have PF symtoms then you must not be using the TP stuff right, but then he says that about everyone...

    Teresa said...

    My runs are pretty good. Thanks for asking.

    As for the PF, I will write a post but the short version is that heel spurs and stress fractures can both be caused by PF so it's probably time for xrays. I am pretty sure it's a strength issue since the symptoms get better the more I do. It's just one more side effect of the kidney infection.