Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Monday, September 8, 2008

    Football Fun

    I was treated to the sight of ESPN's College Game Day setting up in front of the UF stadium during my Saturday morning long run. The UF stadium aka Ben Hill Griffin Stadium aka The Swamp is usually where I make my first pit stop on my long run. On a typical Saturday, there isn't a soul to be found, but it's football season. I couldn't believe the number of people that were up and about especially considering the game didn't start until 8 p.m. If I was tailgating for 12 hours before a game, I don't think I'd make it to kickoff. At any rate, it was fun running through the crowds. Although people kept looking at me like I was nuts - perhaps because I was carrying a waterbottle instead of a beer bottle. The only downside was that the stadium was closed so I had to pit stop at the track instead. No biggie since it's only a half mile further and it's on my route, but I really had to pee.

    2 comments:

    md said...

    what?? you don't run with a beer bottle?

    Joey said...

    I think a lot of the people who tailgate for 12 hours don't make it to the kickoff. They are there just for the tailgating, and by the kickoff they're just vegging in their lawn chairs.