Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Tuesday, June 24, 2008

    More Sponch!

    Reading Joey's comment about how Sponch! is everywhere got me thinking. I have never seen Sponch! anywhere but Texas. With the recent Mexico sighting I really started to wonder.... One Google search confirmed my suspicions - not only did Sponch! originate in Mexico, but the brand it belongs to, Marinela, is owned by Bimbo Bakeries. What is the significance of this finding? Not much except that when Joey, Rachel, Brian, and I drove through Mexico a few years back, I ate a fair amount of Bimbo brand powdered sugar mini donuts during our drive. Really when the only coffee you can get is Nescafe, being picky about what else you eat for breakfast just seems silly. The donuts were actually pretty good and since the ingredients were in spanish, I got to be blissfully ignorant of what I was eating. Besides it's a roadtrip - I always eat junk on a roadtrip. Also, I thought it was really funny that there was a bakery named Bimbo - yes, I am juvenile. My intake of Bimbo donuts became a bit of a joke on the trip, leading to this picture.


    I do have to go on record as saying that I will never eat Sponch! - not because it's pink, but because I don't do marshmallow.

    1 comment:

    Joey said...

    They have Bimbo powdered donuts at the store down the street from my house. Should I send some to you? I think they are on your Ironman training diet...