Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Wednesday, July 4, 2007

    My Race T-shirt Quilt

    It’s been awhile since my last post. Last week was one of those uneventful weeks that didn’t really inspire any posts. I do have some past events that I could have shared but I honestly wasn’t much in the mood to write anything. Camp was so-so, my training has been off, and Brian has a bunch of grant deadlines so he is working like crazy. I am basically in the post-halfiron doldrums. Same thing happened last year after Gulf Coast. Fortunately, Brian and I are heading to the Outer Banks on Saturday for a week of fun in the sun with our family. I am so ready!

    On to the reason for this post. Joey’s mom, Carol, has started making quilts out of t-shirts. She made one for Joey a while back using some of his race t-shirts and I loved it. I told Carol that I wanted her to make one for me. I have so many race t-shirts and I rarely wear t-shirts so they are piling up. Brian and I spent last Thanksgiving in Rockport with Joey’s parents so I figured it would be a good opportunity to give Carol my shirts. I picked shirts that I didn’t wear and I thought would look good in a quilt. We decided on the placement of the shirts, the color of the fabric, and even picked a shirt for a pillow. The quilt was finished in March and Joey presented it to me when I was in Austin in April. I absolutely loved it! It looked great! I couldn’t take it home with me because I didn’t have any room in my luggage. I forgot to ask Joey to bring it when he came to Orlando so Carol shipped it to me. It arrived on Monday and I’m very happy to have it. My only regret is that I didn’t have it made bigger. It would look really great on our bed. I have lots of race shirts so I guess I’ll have to have another one made.Thanks Carol!


    Click on the pictures to zoom in.


    1 comment:

    md said...

    I love your quilt!! the color is great. I can't wait to get mine....although now you're making me wonder if I should have given her more shirts. either way, I know I'll love it.
    enjoy the time off from your workouts. and have fun this weekend outta town.