Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Wednesday, December 31, 2008

    Happy New Year!

    Last year's New Year post had an Irish blessing and a toast. They are two of my favorites so I was thinking that I would do something different this year, but then decided against it. The Irish comes from my father and December 23 is his birthday so it seems appropriate to honor my Irish heritage at this time of year. Also I realized last month that's been 10 years since my father passed away so I think I'll stick with the Irish blessing. Incidentally, December 23 is also Festivus Day. I think my father would have approved of that.

    In case you are wondering why a blessing and a toast, why not one or the other? Well, I feel that sharing both reflects something interesting about the Irish. They are very caring, thoughtful, and emotional, and yet mischievous and full of fun. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year surrounded by the people you love.


    May your glass be ever full.
    May the roof over your head be always strong.
    And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.
    -Irish toast

    May the sun shine, all day long,
    everything go right, and nothing wrong.
    May those you love bring love back to you,
    and may all the wishes you wish come true!
    -Irish blessing

    No comments: