Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Sunday, August 17, 2008

    Yippee!

    Warning: This post contains some content that might be considered adult and may not be considered appropriate for children. I don't think so, but then again I tend to have a different view on these things so I figured I should put in a warning.

    I've not been in love with the bike seat on my tribike. Before my bike went MIA, I was considering replacing it. After only 2 weeks on the new bike and 250+ miles, I'm liking the seat even less then I did before. Every seat has a sweet spot and I just can't seem to find it on this one. I'm definitely at the place where discomfort in the nether regions is affecting my speed over longer rides. I went online to Bicycling.com, the website for Bicycling magazine. They are always a good place to go for equipment reviews and suggestions. They did a lovely review on my tribike, by the way. As I'm conducting a search on bike seats I spot an article titled "Fit and Frisky" among the search results. With a title like that, I must have a look. I assume it's something about sex and am not disappointed. Here is the subtitle "Sex can be a great training tool. Here are 6 ways getting busy boosts your pedaling." What's that - sex can help my training? Yippee! I read the article and contemplated emailing it to my cycling friends, but then just decided to share it in a blog post. So if you are interested, just click on the title of the article and it will take you there. I found the article rather humorous because it was actually very seriously written. I'm pretty sure my husband will be more than willing to help out with this aspect of my Ironman training.

    I feel like I should point out that many of the benefits discussed in the article would be beneficial to non-cycling athletes as well, so if you aren't a cyclist don't feel left out.

    No comments: