Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Wednesday, August 13, 2008

    Olympic Fun

    This pic just makes me laugh! Brian showed me the story Saturday morning after my 5k race, but I was on the phone at the time and didn't have an opportunity to fully appreciate the humor. I fully expected either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report to have some fun with it, but so far there has only been one slight mention. Maybe they just couldn't come up with something that wouldn't be highly offensive - who knows? At any rate for those of you that don't know the story, it's totally benign. President Bush was playing beach volleyball with Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh - our kick ass women's team who are on a crazy winning streak. If you've never watched beach volleyball, there is a lot of butt slapping that goes on between the players. Way more than baseball, if that's possible. Keri Walsh is what I would deem an excessive butt slapper - I don't know if it's her indoor volleyball background or just her exuberance, but she slaps Misty a lot, which just made this pic even funnier to me. After volleying for a bit with the President, Misty offered her backside to him for a butt slap. President Bush very tactfully tapped her on the back. I do have to say that I bet Misty May-Treanor is fun to hang out with. Anyone that has enough balls to offer the President of the United States an opportunity to slap her butt has got to be fun.

    On a side note, when I first saw this picture, the caption I gave it in my mind was "It's good to be the King." Whoever names the movie it's from first gets a prize - no Googling. Feel free to share your own photo captions.

    3 comments:

    md said...

    I am really enjoying the women's vball!!!
    Misty does seem like a lot of fun. I love when they showed her dancing on the steps of the Great Wall. What a hoot!
    for the record...I wouldn't mind getting butt slapped by those two ladies. yikes!! did I just say that?? :-o

    Joey said...

    The movie is History of the World, pt 1. And no, there was no Google involved.

    Kerri is constantly slapping, patting, or otherwise touching Misty. What's up with that?

    Teresa said...

    Considering that Joey and Maggie are my only regular commenters, I guess that means Joey gets the prize, which is absolutely no surprise to me. :-)

    Joey, what would you like for your prize?

    I think the butt slapping is Kerri's OCD, kind of like Rafael Nadal's butt pick before his serve. She even slaps the competition on occasion after the game is over. It's too funny!