Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Thursday, July 24, 2008

    Awwwwwwwww! Cute!

    Last week, my summer camp group went on a trip to the Single Vision Animal Sanctuary near Gainesville. The children got to feed grapes to the lemurs through the fence, get a close-up view of tigers, and actually pet a baby leopard. I was rather impressed with the facility and I have to say the cuteness factor was really high. Don't worry - the proprietor was very good at pointing out all the reasons these animals don't make good pets. It was a fun learning experience for the children. Here are pictures - completely unedited and uncaptioned. I guess I'm getting lazy. The pics were taken with my cellphone camera so no photo criticism allowed.



    I can't look at ringtailed lemurs without thinking of the movie Madagascar. This movie is too funny, and is one of my favorite movies in recent years. I have seen it a few times and always find something new to laugh at. Here is a video with clips from the movie.

    3 comments:

    Joey said...

    That looks like a lot of fun. Too bad you had to take a bunch of stinky campers with you :-)

    Teresa said...

    LOL They were actually the best behaved that they had been all week. Perhaps because I threatened to make them clean out the vans if they scared the animals :-o

    md said...

    cute pictures! looks like fun!
    oh, and I love that song from Madagascar!