Twitter Updates

    To view more updates,go to my Twitter Page

    Thursday, March 13, 2008

    Mmmmmmmmmm!

    I started writing with every intention of talking about mine and Brian's recent weekend in Jacksonville, but I'm having a hard time concentrating so I thought I'd just share my lovely morning. Today I had a hot stone massage. I've wanted to try one for quite some time but I've never gotten around to it. Last time I was at my spa, I decided to go ahead and schedule one. I loved it! I get regular deep tissue massages, but this was completely different. I can't even describe it. If you've never had one, I highly recommend it. I've had a couple of really hard workouts this week and all the heat from the stones just felt so good. I was so relaxed I probably shouldn't have been driving.

    After the massage, I went in search of lunch. I wanted something substantial, since I was starving. I've actually been constantly hungry for almost a week, but very much so the past few days. I definitely haven't been eating enough. I always eat a good breakfast, but sometimes during the day, I get busy doing things and I just forget to eat. I snack while I'm riding but don't always get around to having a real meal. I'm trying to do better. One of the ladies at the spa recommended a little breakfast/lunch place just around the corner called Sisters for Breakfast. All their food is locally grown from the farmers market and organic if possible. The place smelled so good! I ordered a spinach salad and a chicken pot pie to go. Unfortunately, they didn't have pecan pie. I just finished eating and let me tell you, this was one of the best chicken pot pies - it was a puff pastry covered with a thick gravy with white meat chicken and fresh, crisp veggies - not mushy. It tasted like it had just come from the oven. I'm totally relaxed with a full tummy and about 1 step away from a coma. My only regret is that it's absolutely gorgeous out and I would love to go for a ride, but I don't think I'm alert enough to deal with traffic. Maybe in a little while.

    1 comment:

    Maggie said...

    mmmmm....a chicken pot pie sounds so good right now!

    I've never had a hot stone massage, but it sounds lovely! glad you enjoyed it.